I attended SDForum emerging technology SIG meeting on Wednesday night I. It’s about cool gadgets by award winning tech journalist and entrepreneur Fred Davis, who was part of Weird, CNET, Ask Jeeves, Ziff-Davis publishing on PC Magazine, PC Week, MacUser, A+. The following are gadgets Fred talked about in his presentation. It’s based on my note which may not be accurate. Hopefully it gives ideas what to buy for the holidays.
- iPod Touch. It’s like an iPhone but no phone support. You can use Skype with WIFI however. Price: $189 with 8G
- iPod Nano. Small music player with price about $139.
- iPod Shuffle. Smallest music player in the iPod family. Price: $49
- iPad. This is hottest consumer devices that created a record on fastest adoption. Price: $499
- iPad keyboard/wireless keyboard.
- Kindle Wifi 3G. It’s an e-book reader from Amazon. Compared with other readers or general purpose devices, it comes with no color but best selection of books and digital right management. $189
- MiFi 2200 mobile hotspot. It uses Verizon 3G to provide wireless connection to 5 WIFI enabled devices. Price: $269 and could be cheaper with iPad bundle.