DoubleCloud ICE: the IDE for Managing Clouds
After almost one year of intensive development, I am happy to announce the first release of DoubleCloud ICE. It’s an integrated tool for cloud management, in particular VMware vSphere with which you can do a lot of interactions easily and quickly.
The idea was inspired by the IDEs. Once upon a time, we all used editors like vi, Emacs to write code, then compile, link, and debug them using command lines. As time evolved, the IDE came out so we can do all these tasks (actually more) nicely and efficiently in one application. The result? Better user experience and higher productivity.
Time to learn how to "Google" and manage your VMware and clouds in a fast and secureHTML5 App
Although the IDEs has done a great deal for developers, it hasn’t helped much other communities: system administrators, QA engineers, who still mostly use many terminals or different applications to get their work done.
Today, things changed.
The DoubleCloud ICE is the new “IDE” for system administrators and QA engineers to manage the clouds. The full name for the ICE is “interactive cloud environment” or “integrated cloud environment.” You can tell if the same magic that IDEs have brought will happen again with DoubleCloud ICE. Although I am a developer, I use DoubleCloud ICE on daily basis to manage my virtual machines and ESXi servers in the past half year.
Without further due, let’s take a look at the high level features:
- Managing unlimited vCenter servers, ESXi, or SSH servers
- Cross platform support with Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris
- Remotely manage ESXi hosts via SSH terminal
- One click to access virtual machines and remotely manage them via SSH terminal, VNC console, listing all the process, and browsing guest OS file system
- Easily arrange any number of ESXi window and VM windows in any way you want
- Typing once and executing in multiple SSH terminals simultaneously with CommandWizard
- Running scripts concurrently in any selected ESXi hosts or virtual machines from any container in inventory tree
- Manage the power cycle of virtual machines with easy GUI interaction
- Pre-set user and password with pattern matching policies therefore no need to type them again and again
- Display key information of selected entity in the inventory tree
- Seamless integration with vSphere Web Client
Excited to try it by yourself? Here is the download page where you can find a free edition to play with. With NO registration and NO email asked, you will run one of the installers in a couple of minutes.
To support the free edition, we show text ads on the bottom status bar. If you are interested to advertise there, please contact us sales AT doublecloud.net.
Have fun and let me know your thoughts and suggestions.