Start My Own Consulting and Training Business

As some of you may have known, I just left VCE last Friday. It’s really a tough decision as I enjoyed very much working with my colleagues there during the last two years, and the company continues to grow rapidly. Building my own business is something I had always dreamed about. I am glad I finally took it into action.

Moving forward, I will initially focus on training and consulting on VMware API integration and infrastructure orchestration/automation, not to mention more coding and development. The following are bit more details on what my company would offer. Should you need any help or have questions, please feel free to leave a message or email me: steve at doublecloud dot org.

VMware APIs Training and Support

Since its debut 5 years ago, the open source vijava API has emerged as the de facto Java API for vSphere management with 35,000+ downloads and numerous products built on top of it. At the same time, I got many emails and requests for helps on the API. I think it’s now a good time to offer companies a choice with trainings and commercial supports.

The open source vijava API will continue to be open-sourced as before. With more of my time on it, it would get even better in the future, for example, day one availability with VMware vSphere releases.

The consulting and training service will not be limited to vSphere APIs but also other management APIs and SDKs too. When in doubt, drop me an email.

Infrastructure Automation/Orchestration Training and Consulting

When the scale of infrastructure increases, the demand for automation increases too. As VMware CEO Pat pointed out in the three imperatives at his VMworld keynote last week, “management tools give way to automation.” I couldn’t agree with him more on this.

With that in mind, I will offer trainings on VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vCO) soon because I believe the adoption of the product has picked up significantly after the latest version. I may also provide training on vCenter Automation Center (vCAC) afterwards. You can tell us if that is something you need urgently.

Other Software Development

Apart from doing consulting and training, I will write more software for fun, and maybe grow more business out of it. Should you need something in your work or have good product ideas to share, please feel free to contact me.

Last, but not the least, if you are interested in joining me in the business like training or consulting, please feel free to contact me too.

This entry was posted in News & Events, Virtualization and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Michael White
    Posted September 3, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Good luck with your new start. I think you should immediately start training on vCO and vCAC. Both are hard, and both are very important to the future of VMware. Very key in our future. And I will be your first customer for the vCO training if my schedule works with yours!

2. Posted September 4, 2013 at 1:20 am | Permalink

All the best for your new venture.

I am reading your blog for quite some time and using your APIs for some projects. It really made our life very easy.

We are application development company from bangalore focusing on integration with vmware and storage. Lets see if we can work together. Please let me know you mail id, I will send you detail profile and previous work done by us.

3. Posted September 6, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Thanks Tapesh,

I am glad you like my blog and the vijava API. My email is steve at doublecloud dot org. More than happy to include your projects in the PoweredBy page of the vijava API project home. Look forward to your email.

4. Posted September 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks a lot Michael,

I am working on the vCO for the moment and will get to vCAC after that. I agree that both are hard and key to the VMware’s future.

BTW, after leaving VCE, I have no access to your weekly newsletter which I had been reading carefully every week before. I really really like it. Is it possible to add my new email in your distribution list?

5. Sandip
    Posted September 10, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

We, again a developer team in Bangalore, India, really have to thank you for bringing the vijava api. It really was a very good wrapper over the visdk provided by VMware. We used it very extensively in our product development and manage the ESXi and the vCenter.

Wishing you all the best !
    And will keep in touch.

6. Posted September 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the comment Sandip, I am glad you like the open source API I created. Should you be interested in being listed in the PoweredBy page of the vijava project home, please feel free to send me a paragraph as other companies.

7. Posted September 14, 2013 at 2:20 am | Permalink

All the best for your new project & bringing the vijava api. It actually was a very good wrapper over the visdk provided by VMware.

8. Samir Savla
    Posted September 24, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Good luck with your new venture. Your follow through on VIjava and your expertise has been really awesome for me and my group.

9. Posted September 27, 2013 at 2:16 am | Permalink

Hello Steve, it’s a great idea to put together the API training! We are specialized in VMWare Training and I’d like to invite you and to feature your training on our web site – email me and we can get it going!

10. Posted September 27, 2013 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Thanks Peter, will email you shortly.

11. Elsa
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

I was not aware you left VCE until now. But good luck, hope your business is doing well.

12. Posted April 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Hi Elsa,

Thanks for the comment. I’m doing pretty well. Please let me know if your company needs any training and/or consulting. :)

13. Posted July 25, 2014 at 9:18 am | Permalink

are you planning to release vijava 6.0 to coincide with the release of vSphere 6.0?
    If so, when will the Beta and GA dates be?

14. Vivek
    Posted July 30, 2014 at 6:33 am | Permalink

Hello Steve,

Another one from your fan club. VI Java API rocks!!!

I have the same question as Sylvia – are you going to continue to maintain VI Java API for future vSphere releases?
    Also is the GA version of the 5.5 API available for download or do we assume 5.5 beta is the GA version, due to no major issues detected?

I would be grateful, if you could post a response on this thread –

And each one of us would breathe a sigh of relief.

15. Posted March 12, 2015 at 4:18 am | Permalink

Same question I have been asking whereever I get chance.

is there any plan to support new APIs introduced in vSphere6.0 as well?