Open Source VI Java API 5.0.1 Released
While preparing this annoucement, I realize that on the same day last year we had a very successful community event with several techtalks to celebrate the 3 year of vijava open source project. Today it’s the 4th year of this project!
Since VI Java API 5.0 GAed last October, there have been some changes, one of which is that I left VMware and joined VCE the same month. On the project side, there are several new bugs opened with the forum. These bugs do not affect most developers. But still I fixed them quickly in the code repository so that anyone who was affected could get the fixes from there.
As the fixes accumulate, I thought it’s a good idea to push out a minor release. Therefore I called for new bugs in March with my tweets. Surprisingly, I haven’t seen any coming up after that. That doesn’t mean that vijava API is perfect now, but that vijava is quite stable given our large developer/administrator community.
Anyway, here is a list of the bug fixes getting in 5.0.1 release and short description of the solutions.
- 3499323 WSClient fails to parse float in StorageMigrationAction
Solution: add the code to parse float which is an easy fix with clean code structure of vijava engine.
- 3497202 StorageResourceManager constructor missing
Solution: add the contructor code. This is the simplest fix.
- 3496063 XmlGen.getVimClass(…) is not thread safe
Solution: change the HashMap for classes to the thread safe equivalent.
- 3461462 ScheduledTask Clone – The root cause is the serialization of ManagedObjectReference object is not correct.
Solution: add xsi:type attribute to the XML entity.
If your application works fine with previous release, you don’t need to upgrade to this 5.0.1. If you upgrade, you do need to change your product notice to include one more line of copyright by me. For details, just check out the License.txt. The BSD license for vijava API remains the same as before. To download, click here.