More Development Jobs
Last November I posted several jobs from our software team, they were all filled. As VCE grows rapidly at a runrate of $800M at the end of last year, we are now having more jobs. In my group, I have two development jobs opened. Should you be interested or know of someone who may be interested, please let me know. My VCE email account is like <firstname>.<lastname>@vce.com, and my twitter is here. Besides these two, there are many other jobs at VCE covering almost all technical aspects. I can help refer you to our recruiters directly as well.
Back to the two openings, they are in Santa clara. Currently we don’t consider remote, but we do consider and help relocation.
Title: Principal Software Engineer
This is a software engineer role in the Vblock application development framework team within the VCE Santa Clara Solutions Center. We are seeking an exceptional individual driven by a passion for innovation and a drive to create and deliver software products and solutions.
Join us to build the next generation of data center management applications and interfaces for VCE’s flagship converged infrastructure Vblock. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a proven record of implementing, delivering, and improving on software in the enterprise space.
Design and implement major foundational components and APIs configuring and managing Vblock, the industry leading converged infrastructure, and its components.
Work seamlessly with virtual and physical systems involving compute, network, storage, VMware.
Innovate new ideas, technologies and solutions, and create/demonstrate prototypes as required.
Document architecture designs, code.
Participate in Agile processes to design, implement and test code.
Guide less senior engineers in solving problems and promoting best practices.
Work effectively across functional teams to ensure quality of deliverables.
Experience and Skills
• 5+ years of experience in full-cycle development of enterprise or system-level software products involving hardware and software components.
• Expert programming skills in Java/C, system APIs, and preferably Shell scripting, Python, XML.
• Experience with system provisioning tools and framework is a big plus.
• In depth knowledge of networking, storage, virtualization. Familiarity with Cisco, EMC, VMware products is highly desirable.
• Experience in leading software architecture design of real world projects.
• Hands on experience in producing/consuming SOAP and REST based Web services.
• Demonstrated experience in understanding, investigating, and solving complex technical problems.
• Demonstrated experience and willingness in learning new technologies and skills.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
Required: Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or Engineering, Masters or equivalent experience preferred.
Title: Staff Software Engineer
This is a software engineer role in the software development team within the VCE Santa Clara Solutions Center. We are building state of the art converged infrastructure products with compute/networking, storage, and virtualization from Cisco, EMC, and VMware.
We are seeking an exceptional individual driven by a passion for innovation and a drive to create and deliver software solutions. Join us to build the next generation of data center management applications and interfaces, and impact the way enterprises will create their private clouds in the future. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a proven record of implementing, delivering, and improving on software products in the enterprise space.
Design and implement software components in configuring, provisioning and scaling Vblock.
Work with virtual and physical systems consisting of compute, network and storage from VMware, Cisco, and EMC.
Participate in Agile processes to design, implement and test code in fast paced work environment.
Document designs and software code as needed.
Work with other team members to ensure the quality of their deliverables.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• 1-3 years of work experience in building software products for enterprise IT.
• Proficient in Java (or C++/C), XML, Web Services, and preferably system provisioning APIs/frameworks.
• Basic knowledge of networking, storage, and virtualization. Familiarity with Cisco, EMC, and VMware is a big plus.
• Prior exposure to formal software development processes.
• Experience to work with physical and virtual environments in developing solutions.
• Demonstrated experience and willingness in learning new technologies and skills quickly.
• Good communication skills.
Required: Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, Masters preferred.