VI Java API Community Meetup?

By this May, the open source VI Java API will turn 3 year old. While there is a big community out there, we haven’t organized any event for people to meet each other in person.

I think now is a good time to do so. How about a meet up in the silicon valley around May 25(Update: 18 as new date) which is a Wednesday?

Lost VMs or Containers? Too Many Consoles? Too Slow GUI? Time to learn how to "Google" and manage your VMware and clouds in a fast and secure HTML5 App.

Agenda

1. 6:30PM-7PM. Reception and Networking.
  2. 7-8PM. Project/Product introductions and demos. Each project using VI Java API has 6 minutes, the same as for those in demo.com conference.
  3. 8-8:30PM. Tech talks and 3.0 roadmap. Any other speakers you want to have? Please make your suggestion.
  4. 8:30-9PM. Networking and vendor product show.

Sponsorship

As you all know, VI Java API project is 100% free to the community. So I would like to get sponsorships on these:

1. Meeting place rental;
  2. Food and drinks;
  3. Professional recording so that remote folks can watch it;
  4. Free books/software/T-shirts/Gadgets/etc.

For some items like #2, we can have multiple companies to share the cost. Sponsors can exhibit products/posters/jobs on site.

How You Can Help?

Everyone can help here not only the sponsors. Please leave a comment to show your interest and support even if you are not in the valley. If we can get enough donation, we may broadcast the event live. The more people who are interested, the easier for us to get sponsorship and hopefully better food. :-)

Any suggestions are welcome.

Update: the event is a go. Check out details and RSVP here.

This entry was posted in News & Events, vSphere API and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted April 5, 2011 at 1:23 am | Permalink

Great idea, Steve. I would be happy to show VI Java from Scala, if people are interested.

2. Sergey Sudakovich
    Posted April 5, 2011 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Great idea. I will come. Is there a place where I can subscribe to this event updates?

3. Posted April 5, 2011 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Thanks Sergey,

Good question. I will use vijava project home and this blog to announce updates. Please subscribe to the feed. Look forward to meeting you!

4. Christina
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 11:32 am | Permalink

I will be there. Thanks Steve for organizing the meeting.

5. Lan
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

That’s a great idea Steve. Look forward to the meetup.

6. Gal
    Posted April 7, 2011 at 4:31 am | Permalink

If there would be a broadcast – I will be happy to attend!

7. Posted April 7, 2011 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Hi Gal, That is the plan. I am trying to get funding to hire professionals to broadcast it. Please stay tuned for further announcements. Thanks!

8. Lu Yu
    Posted April 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Glad to see VI Java grow bigger and popular. I would like to join the meeting.

9. Sarah
    Posted April 12, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

We’re interested in sponsorship – what do you still need help with?

10. Posted April 13, 2011 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Thanks a lot Sarah, we’ve got most things but always welcome new sponsors. I will email you directly to discuss the details.