By this May, the open source VI Java API will turn 3 year old. While there is a big community out there, we haven’t organized any event for people to meet each other in person.
I think now is a good time to do so. How about a meet up in the silicon valley around May
25(Update: 18 as new date) which is a Wednesday?
Bothered by SLOW Web UI to manage vSphere? Want to manage ALL your VMware vCenters, AWS, Azure, Openstack, container behind a SINGLE pane of glass? Want to search, analyze, report, visualize VMs, hosts, networks, datastores, events as easily as Google the Web? Find out more about vSearch 3.0: the search engine for all your private and public clouds.
- 6:30PM-7PM. Reception and Networking.
- 7-8PM. Project/Product introductions and demos. Each project using VI Java API has 6 minutes, the same as for those in demo.com conference.
- 8-8:30PM. Tech talks and 3.0 roadmap. Any other speakers you want to have? Please make your suggestion.
- 8:30-9PM. Networking and vendor product show.
As you all know, VI Java API project is 100% free to the community. So I would like to get sponsorships on these:
- Meeting place rental;
- Food and drinks;
- Professional recording so that remote folks can watch it;
- Free books/software/T-shirts/Gadgets/etc.
For some items like #2, we can have multiple companies to share the cost. Sponsors can exhibit products/posters/jobs on site.
How You Can Help?
Everyone can help here not only the sponsors. Please leave a comment to show your interest and support even if you are not in the valley. If we can get enough donation, we may broadcast the event live. The more people who are interested, the easier for us to get sponsorship and hopefully better food.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Update: the event is a go. Check out details and RSVP here.