Mark Your Calendar For Our First Community Event

After I touted the idea to have a meetup last week, I got quite positive feedbacks from the community. More importantly, I secured sponsorship from my employer VMware so that we can have the event at VMware headquarter. Due to a little time conflict, we will have it on May 18, instead of May 25 as I planned before. It’s still a Wednesday and food/drinks will be served with no charge.

This event was designed for professionals like developers, system administrators. Even if you are not but interested in virtualization and cloud computing in general, you are still very welcome to join us.

The first 100 registers for onsite will have chance to win goodies like copies of my book. To reserve a seat for free, please click here (please read the disclaimer).

Topics

• Massive VM provisioning in Cloud
  • Open Source VI Java API State Union
  • Cloud Security
  • Effective vSphere Integration
  • ESXi management and Automation via APIs in Cloud Datacenters

Agenda

1. 6:30PM-7:00PM. Reception and Networking
  2. 7:00-8:30PM. Tech talks (available online as well)
  3. 8:30-9:00PM. Networking and vendor poster show

Location
Building C Café
3401 Hillview Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94304
* Online access links will be emailed to registerers. *

Speakers/Panelists
Jeff Hu, Principal Engineer at VMware
Steve Jin, Author of VMware VI and vSphere SDK, Creator of open source VI Java API
Giridhar Padmanabh, Sr. Director of newScale
William Lam, vExpert 2010/2009, Creator of vGhetto project
Boris Strongin, VP Engineering, Hytrust
Dave Briccetti, Independent consultant, opensource Lift framework committer

This entry was posted in Cloud Computing, News & Events, Virtualization and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Lital
    Posted April 14, 2011 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Will the tech talks be available on line later on?
    (for the people from a different time zone)

2. Posted April 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Lital,

Great idea. We will try but cannot guarantee it. If/when it’s read, I will post it. Stay tuned…

-Steve

3. wonkyoung kim
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I am not whether my registration went through properly. Would you check that for me?

4. Posted May 5, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

I don’t see your registration done yet. Please send me email sjin @ vmware dot com with info required on the reg form. Thanks!

-Steve

5. Posted May 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

excited!

6. Rob McMillen
    Posted May 10, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Is this pacific time?

7. Posted May 10, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Yes, this is pacific time in Palo Alto where VMware HQ is.