I posted two blogs on the top 10 best practices of using the vSphere SDK (part 1, part 2) two days ago. Here is a list of several common mistakes developers make during their development. It’s based on the stats from our SDK support team.
- Defining wrong interval information in PerfQuerySpec
- Using same unit number for each device attached to a controller
- Mistakes in defining the TraversalSpec
- Using case sensitive DNS names or IP address
- Wrong customization spec setting for cloning a VM
- Mistakes in environment setup
Hope you can avoid them. If you have any mistakes to share with other developers, please feel free to add them in the comments.
Lost VMs or Containers? Too Many Consoles? Too Slow GUI? Time to learn how to "Google" and manage your VMware and clouds in a fast and secure HTML5 App.