I posted two blogs on the top 10 best practices of using the vSphere SDK (part 1, part 2) two days ago. Here is a list of several common mistakes developers make during their development. It’s based on the stats from our SDK support team.
- Defining wrong interval information in PerfQuerySpec
- Using same unit number for each device attached to a controller
- Mistakes in defining the TraversalSpec
- Using case sensitive DNS names or IP address
- Wrong customization spec setting for cloning a VM
- Mistakes in environment setup
Hope you can avoid them. If you have any mistakes to share with other developers, please feel free to add them in the comments.
Bothered by SLOW Web UI to manage vSphere? Want to manage ALL your VMware vCenters, AWS, Azure, Openstack, container behind a SINGLE pane of glass? Want to search, analyze, report, visualize VMs, hosts, networks, datastores, events as easily as Google the Web? Find out more about vSearch 3.0: the search engine for all your private and public clouds.